Where are we today?

Where are we today?

Friday, March 23, 2007

Oh my sore butt ... (She Said)

My butt is sore....but that is a topic for alittle latet. As Michael mentioned, we are doing a donor egg cycle. We have tried 4 IVF cycles previously without success. We are now in the 2WW. What is the 2WW? It's the dreaded 2 week wait period. It's the time after an embryo transfer and before the first pregnancy blood test.

One thing I have learned from a community of women online, all going through similar cycles, is that there is a langauge all it's own when talking about IVF or donor cycles.

We use acronyms like POAS (Pee on a stick), POI (progesterone in oil), 5dp3dt (5 days post 3 day tranfer), FET (frozen embryo transfer), and baby dust (angel dust specifcally for creating babies and can't be found at CVS). So now, to prove to you I have master the language:

I'm currently 5dp3dt and doing nightly PIO. The 2WW is the hardest part and I might break down and POAS. Everyone is throwing baby dust my way. If this cycle doesn't work, we will do our first FET.

There are women contributing to bulletin boards all over the internet using this strange coded language.

So here I am in the dreaded 2WW reading every body ache, itch, pain, cramp, and nuance as a sign of pregnancy (on positive days) or as a sign of no pregnancy (on negative days).

Nothing is going to make April 3 (when I'm schedule for my first pregnancy blood test) get here any sooner. Especially the nightly shots of the progesterone Michael has to give me. This is an oil substance (think thick) pulled into a 3ML syringe with a 22G needle that is 1.5 inches long (think huge). Did I already mention the nightly part?

Now you know why my butt is sore. And if we are lucky enough to get pregnant I get continue the shots for another 8 weeks!

That's what she said anyway ...

1 comment:

Uss said...

Michael and Nanc,
As we read, we are learning so much, including the lingo. Know that we are throwing buckets of angel dust every minute of every day!