Where are we today?

Where are we today?

Sunday, April 1, 2007

Anticipation ... (She Said)

I just can't stop peeing on a stick!

I'm addicted. I keep thinking back to our first IVF cycle 3 years ago. I completely expected to get pregnant. Our odds of getting pregnant were less than 10% but that did not discourage me.

I knew nothing about IVF previous to the start of our cycle, about getting pregnant, or what things could go wrong. Oh to be ignorant again. To live in the land where you take one step at a time and enjoy it.

Well funny thing happened in our first cycle. We did get pregnant ... and we did have great beta's ... and we did see a heartbeat on the first ultrasound ... and then….we miscarried at 8.3 weeks.

Since that time I have realized that even with all of the good signs, life has a funny way of showing you that you're not calling all of the shots. Plus I have "learned" a heck of a lot more regarding what can go wrong.

What hasn't changed from the first time? I still completely expected to get pregnant and I still don't know ALL of the things that could go wrong. Honestly, I'm not in any rush to find out either.

So for now, 5 consective days of seeing | | is ok with me.

That's what she said anyway ...

No comments: