Where are we today?

Where are we today?

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A Visit from Aunt Esterace ... (She Said)

The days ARE getting longer.

Ever since we did the embryo transfer the clocks in Boston have slowed down and each day is now double. On top of that, I'm starting to feel like Michael enjoys giving me my nightly shot.

By 7:00pm, with a gleam in his eye, he runs back to the bathroom to prepare the shot. I swear I hear that deep throated laughter that is only used by mad Doctors in movies like Frankenstein.

By 7:15 he is calling me to come and take my medicine. Once I heard "Candy little girl?"

I'm also taking estrace. So on top of that, I also get

"Hey, the estrace bunny is coming!" or

"Did you hear from my aunt Estrace?"

Oh my DH (stands for Dear Husband in IVF lingo) thinks he is so funny!

After dragging myself down the hall, laying on the bed and exposing my butt, he then proceeds to dialogue with himself about the perfect spot.

"Let's see, last time I did it here. Before that one, here. I did this one once………"

OMG! Just give me the #$%@@# shot.

He also finds he cannot clean the area with an alcohol pad until the "perfect" spot has been selected. It's only a 4 inch by 2 inch area to begin in total. Clean the whole darn area, I'm thinking. I have been starting to have serious thoughts about how I can give this to myself!

Oh and not only am I thinking that Michael should receive nightly shots but every so often I think that Donna should too. She KNOWS why I might think this :)

That's what she said anyway ...

No comments: