Where are we today?

Where are we today?

Thursday, April 5, 2007

Not Always Tiptoeing Through the Tulips ... but somehow always Tiptoeing ... (He Said)

Well, I guess it is fair to say that not every day can be a great day ... there's always something that brings you around and makes you question whether or not its better to wait and see and keep an even keel or go for broke.

Today, Nancy had her follow-up beta. Scored over 5900. Sounds great right?

Well, in truth it is. No reason to think otherwise, but there has been a very brief period of spotting.

We both know that it isn't something that is indicative either way, but it does remind my beautiful, courageous wife of our first time through. It's just one of those things that, well, after having been through this more than a few times, doesn't ring a "woohoo" bell.

We've got an ultrasound date ... which we're DEFINATELY thinking is too far away now, but, honestly ...

I just have this feeling that we're still solid ... and not just solid, but solid with multiples. We'd be blessed even for one but ... let's talk about omens for a moment ...

I was at a lunch with friends from work today ... to say goodbye to a colleague ... and here were my signs ...

1) I sat across from a guy who is the parent of 2 sets of twins
2) On the way out, I ran into another colleague whom I didn't even realize had a sibling ... sitting with his twin brother
3) back at work I spoke to the unforseseen twin and he mentioned that another co-worker at the same restaurant was there too at a kind of "mothers of twins" group

Okay call me crazy, but I CAN'T help but read into that.

That's what he said anyway ...

No comments: